Located in historic downtown Mount Vernon, the Third Street Cafe provides a fresh perspective on seasonal Northwest cuisine. As the newest project of the Skagit Valley Food Co-op, the Third Street Cafe utilizes the bounty of culinary products made directly at the Co-op, its new C▪SQUARE market, and the numerous farms and purveyors in the Skagit Valley and Northwest.
Meet Our Head Chef
Head Chef, Maryna Frederiksen
A South African native, Chef Maryna Frederiksen is a forager, fisher, sailor, and nationally-recognized culinary extraordinaire. She joins the Third Street Cafe team with decades of experience cooking in kitchens all over the world, from South Africa to Seattle to Miami, and now, the Skagit Valley.
Her passion for fresh ingredients and the local community comes through as she works hand-in-hand with our local producers and the Skagit Valley Food Co-op to source real, sustainable food. With a flair for surprising and exciting flavors, Chef Maryna views every dish as an opportunity to wow you and to express what she believes food should be all about: personal, beautiful, delicious, local, and healthy.
And in her own words, she is here to make your dining experience “as delicious as humanly possible”.
Learn more about Chef Maryna and why she thinks the Pacific Northwest has some of the best food in the world in our
Meet the Chef Interview.
Love Real Food
SourcingC▪SQUARE & the Third Street Cafe strive to source the best local and regional food products in the Skagit Valley, year-round. We take pride in working with local businesses and farms that help us serve the delicious, seasonal food gracing your plate. We value the long-term relationships between the Skagit Valley Food Co-op and local food producers. Our gratitude to our local food providers:
- Hi-Q Eggs, Sedro-Woolley
- Draper Valley Farms, Mount Vernon
- Twin Brooks Creamery, Lynden
- Cascadia Mushrooms, Bellingham
- Penn Cove Shellfish, Coupeville
- Blau Oyster Farm, Bow
- The Spice Hut, Bellingham
- Rabbit Fields Farm, Everson
- Ralph's Greenhouse, Mount Vernon
- Bellingham Pasta Company, Bellingham
- Bow Hill Blueberries, Bow
- Moondance Farm, Acme
- Hedlin Family Farms, La Conner
- Blue Heron Farm, Rockport
- Organic Antics
- Skagit Flats Farm, Mount Vernon
- Beecher's Cheese, Seattle
- Valley Shine Distillery, Mount Vernon
- Chuckanut Bay Distillery, Bellingham
- Skagit Valley Food Co-op, Mount Vernon